Thursday, July 18, 2013

Painting Demo

July 17, 2013

The steps for this painting:

The set up I used for this painting.  That is a piece of construction paper taped to a box for the background color.  I got this idea from Carol Marine.  I just bought a cheap pack of it from Michael's.




Feel free to use this photo for your own painting.

 I did this notan with my value viewer to see if I liked the composition.  I was satisfied with the pattern of lights and darks and the path of darks through the painting.


The next step  is blocking in the big shapes in a thin wash.  Before doing this I did a loose drawing of the shapes including shadow shapes.  (I forgot to take a photo of this step.)



Final phase included adding more detail especially to zinnia in front.  The hydrangea in back is very loose.  

Last step:  Posted painting on Daily Paintworks.  It is an 8x 10.
http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Artists/carol-josefiak-3555

Daily Paintworks


No comments:

Post a Comment