Wednesday, March 19, 2014

More from Workshop and Auction on Daily Paintworks

March 19, 2014






More about the Workshop with Diane Tesler

On the second day of the workshop I decided to try doing a figure because I wanted to learn as much as I could about painting skin tones especially with children.  Diane's help gave me confidence and the courage to paint a big version of the studies I did recently of one of my granddaughters. 

Notes:

Skin tones for children are the same as adults.  There is no separate formula. Watch for proportions and planes when painting children.

Colors generally used for skin tones - yellow ochre, viridian and cad red light along with white.  Keep lightening and darkening from that mixture.  For shadows:   mix of  viridian and thalo rose or permanent rose to make a lavender. 

Good gray = yellow ochre, permanent rose and ub

(you can get to a gray by using almost any version of RYB)

Thank you to Diane Tesler for this outstanding workshop.


Auctions

I am trying out the auction at Daily Paintworks. I might have put my starting bids too low, if you know of anyone who wants some 6 x 6 paintings for a very low price ($10) here are some good bargains.

Click on title for link:

 (starting bid = $10)
 
 
 
 




All auctions can be found at link below:

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Artists/carol-josefiak-3555

No comments:

Post a Comment