Friday, March 7, 2014

Inspiration

March 7, 2014

 "the best teacher is the very act of painting," by Joaquin Sorolla

I was so inspired by this article that I received in my mailbox today.  Patti Vincent's quote by Joaquin Sorolla really caught my attention.  Plus her paintings have such bold and beautiful brushwork.  Daily Paintworks includes interviews from different artists each week.  Patti Vincent's dedication is very motivating.  Painting everyday is a big part of her strategy. 
(click here for link to this article)

Joining Daily Paintworks has helped me a lot for quite a few reasons:

painting everyday  (almost)

learning from other artists

a great resource for tutorial help

exposure to so much wonderful art

meeting other artists online

learning new techniques

a chance to sell paintings

having the weekly challenge available

You can tell I am a big fan of Daily Paintworks. 

I did this painting yesterday and tried some new things.  One of the many artists I admire is Qiang Huang  (over 800 of his paintings shown at DPW).  He has an article in The Artist magazine this month with a very helpful demo.  He talks about using a palette knife for the areas he wants to emphasize.  I tried that out.  Maybe you can see it in the photo.  I really like the effect. 


( I listed this at DPW.  Their listings let you zoom in an see the brushwork better than here.  Here's the link:  http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Artists/carol-josefiak-3555



1 comment:

  1. Thank you Carol! Glad you enjoyed the interview. I agree with your assessment of DPW's benefits. Great painting. You handled those tubes of paint very painterly.

    ReplyDelete