Sunday, September 1, 2013

Getting Organized and ready for the 30 Day Painting Challenge

September 1, 2013

It's still not too late to join the 30 Day Challenge - 30 paintings in 30 days.

Click here to get to Leslie's Blog

Getting organized has been good advice by Leslie Saeta to get ready for the challenge. I am ready to go now. 

 This is at my studio at LibertyTown.  I found these boxes at Tuesday Morning.  Looks a lot better than it used to look. 
 Almost all my brushes together,  drawers  are from Costco, good way to organize extra paint according to the color wheel. (Notice the tiny fan which is my ventilation system.)
 I had to get two bead boxes to organize the paints I keep by my palette.
 No, that is not Vodka, I keep extra rubbing alcohol in this.  The spray bottle is also rubbing alcohol which I use to clean my palette. To the left of that is a great  product called  D-Lead hand soap.  You can just rub a little on your hands every once in awhile and then use a paper towel,(no water needed).  I can't afford to lose any more brain cells.  Some paints are very toxic. 


I need a better drying rack than this set-up.  Leslie suggested a dish rack and I might just get one. 



It's still not too late to join the 30 Day Challenge - 30 paintings in 30 days.

Click here to get to Leslie's Blog

http://dailypaintworks.com/Artists/carol-josefiak-3555

4 comments:

  1. I loved your post and thanks for sharing your pictures of your organization. I love organization and I'm always fascinated by more information. I'm going to join the challenge too. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great ideas for organization. Today, starts the first day in the 30 day challenge. I haven't started my painting yet. I love your work and I get inspiration from painters like you. I am a beginner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like my ideas for organization. The challenge will be fun. I'm looking forward to seeing all the new paintings.

      Delete