Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 5 Challenge

September 5, 2013

My theme for the challenge is "no theme",  I can't seem to connect a school bus, baby dress, and baby shoes to a paintings of a chicken.  (I really like chickens.)


Mug by Anna Branner, artist as LibertyTown Arts Workshop    http://www.libertytownarts.com/site/
 
My strong connection to chickens is because when I was 10 years old my grandfather gave me some baby chicks, cute little fuzzy yellow chicks.  It turned into a small business.  I even got up early before school to feed them.  I sold the eggs to my mother, relatives, and teachers for a very high price.  My father cleaned the coop and bought the feed.  Pretty good business plan.

When I saw this mug made by Anna Branner at LibertyTown Arts Workshop with Rhode Island Reds and White Leghorns, I bought it instantly.   I don't know if she has any left.  You should see her new ones with cows.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like the mug! I am planning on bringing in some of the cow and pig mugs for First Friday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colorful chicken! I hope you are enjoying the challenge. I may not always have time to comment, but I am always happy to see what you have painted...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for looking Meredith. The challenge is really a challenge.

      Delete