Sunday, May 12, 2013

More about the Marketing Challenge........

One of our assignments recently was to look at some new blogs especially ones related to marketing.    After looking at a few I was astounded by how much I don't know.  There are even blog radio shows about how to improve social media using facebook and pinterest.  Pinterest was the biggest shocker to me.  I had heard of it, but it wasn't until a couple of weeks that I noticed how some of my paintings from Daily Paintworks had been pinned. Pinned?  I kept investigating, then about a week ago I joined and started making "boards",  found out how to link to my facebook page and now I am hooked.  It is fun to look at other boards and have become a follower of quite a few boards.   I put a link on my blog, too. 

Today I listened to one of blogs I mentioned, it was the one about social media, and changed Pinterest to a business account.  I don't quite see the difference yet.  I have become so fascinated by all this, that it is consuming a lot of time.  In the end, it is probably still better to use most of your time to paint which is the best way to improve and then, hopefully, sell paintings. 

The 30-day marketing challenge with Leslie Saeta, where all these blogs are listed has opened my eyes about all that is out there about marketing.  Thank you, again, to Leslie for this treasure trove of information. 

I'll include my latest painting just to prove that I am still painting. 


 
Mother's Day Flowers

4 comments: