Sunday, January 12, 2014

Newletter

January 12, 2014

A couple of days ago I mentioned how a newsletter is such a great marketing tool. Yesterday I discovered that I lost all my email groupings for my newsletter so I am at square one.  It took me a year to compile a list of emails.

The reason for this loss is because our computer had some kind of meltdown.  My husband was able to revive it, but my email list for newsletters was a casualty. 

I'm not sure what the lesson is or how to avoid this, but now I have to start over and will give Mail Chimp a try this time. 

PLEASE LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN TOP RIGHT CORNER TO HELP ME START AGAIN. 

Just to have a photo, here is a photo of the studio I share with Larry Southworth at LibertyTown Arts Workshop. 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your computer issues. You got me thinking about a newsletter. How is it different from a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra,
    Maybe you can learn from my mistakes with the newsletter. The main difference between the newsletter and blog is that you can reach more people with the newsletter, mainly people interested in you paintings including those who have purchased. I think blogs go to a limited number of people. Do you ask for e-mail addresses?

    I tried to consistently send out one newsletter per month and started last February. I think I am going to go with Mailchimp this time as soon as I recreate my email list. If you send me your email, I will send you a copy of a couple of the old ones. what I liked about Publisher, the software I used is you could included links to DPW, BLOG, ETSY and I think that was helpful. I'm not sure about Mailchimp yet. Other people have recommended it so it's worth a try.

    ReplyDelete