Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Goals for New Year

January 8, 2014 - time to think about goals for new year



I have almost finished re-organizing my studio.  It was out of control and I couldn't even work in here.  It's taken me over a week to get about 50% of that finished.  I haven't even painted very much. 

 It was about this time last year when I decided to do my annual reorganization of my studio and  learn more about marketing and online resources.

THINGS I TRIED LAST YEAR THAT REALLY HELPED:

Joined Daily Paintworks website in January 2013and currently have 289 paintings listed.

Started a website.  FASO is the one I use.  There is a link to it on the right of this page.

Participated in Leslie Saeta's "30 Day Marketing Challenge".

Participated in Leslie Saeta's "30 Day Painting Challenge" in September.

Started showing paintings at Heather Boutique.

Joined ETSY last month as another place to sell paintings.

Added Facebook business page and advertise on that page:  Carol Josefiak Fine Art


RESULT:

I've sold a lot more paintings and feel that I have improved my painting skills.


COFFEE BREAK:
 
 
GOALS FOR 2014
 
Keep learning and improving skills.  Take at least one workshop.
 
Create a group of paintings with a theme (a body of work)
 
Work on photography skills.
 
Paint in a larger format.
 
Continue 6 x 6 paintings.
 
Utilize existing marketing plan
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 










No comments:

Post a Comment