Wednesday, February 12, 2014

What Subjects to Paint

February 12, 2014

What to Paint?

This is always on my mind. Last week's blog radio show was about that very thing, "What Subject to Paint".  I just finished listening to it and took notes throughout because it is filled with great ideas.  The co-host, Carrie Waller, is a fantastic water color artist.  Leslie Saeta is the host and does this show weekly.  It's worth listening to it. 

HOW TO FIND RADIO SHOW "ARTISTS HELPING ARTISTS"

I embedded the radio show on the right hand column of this blog.  It turned out so big and I don't know how to fix it, but if you click on it you can listen to the show. 

My own subjects right now are close-up views of Fredericksburg and pie.  I think I might like pie better than donuts.  My husband loves this project because we are on the third pie which is a key lime.  I'm painting that one today so far I've only had a small taste of it. 

I'm always looking for new ideas.  The radio show gave me new ones.  Any ideas on what would be interesting to paint in Fredericksburg.  I'm trying to keep it to close-ups of gardens and gates and.....????


Pie Series - #1


I painted and ate a lot of donuts for this series.  There is a huge pile of donuts shown in my ETSY mini shop on the right side of the page. 



Fredericksburg Close-up Series - #2



1 comment:

  1. Yum! Love your subject matter and the paintings are great! Happy painting and eating!

    ReplyDelete