Sunday, February 9, 2014

Resources

Choosing what to paint -


I learn a lot from looking at other blogs.  I read this one today and it has such good information about how to choose what excites you about a photograph and what to leave out. 

I found this artist by looking at the judge's picks for last month's contest at Daily Paintworks which is another resource, too.  You don't have to be a member to enter the contests either.  I entered one this month, too. 

Here is the link to a wonderful blog by Brienne Brown.  Thank you for this helpful information

http://briennembrown.com/blog

Here's a painting I did recently where I cropped out a lot and was happy with the design it created.  The yellows surround the purples of the turnips.


In this one the Hollyhocks caught my attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment