Monday, November 10, 2014

Business Part of Art

Marketing



  I have had to accept that there has to be the ingredient of marketing in art, not a class that I took in college or anywhere so learning from the internet, blogs and the generosity of other artists has been my path. 

30 Marketing Ideas in 30 Days by Leslie Saeta jump started me into learning about the subject.  I recently found this online class called ART Biz Blog and that was through the advice of another artist.  There is an assignment at the end of each short video.  I'll add the links in the next 6 blogs. 

The first video talked about having a discipline of creating art.  The point was that you have to have a product to market.  The assignment was put up a sign with your studio hours and make the commitment to spend time creating art in your studio.    (pretty good hours....)


Check out this blog for marketing ideas and short videos  http://www.artbizcoach.com/


Daily Paintworks Website - a great motivator to paint everyday and see your progress.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Thanks for sharing... I'm at the place where I need some marketing advice and I got your post in my email. I joined this site and look forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete