Thursday, July 3, 2014

Daily Paintworks Challenge

July 3, 2014

Happy July 4th!


The Daily Paintworks Challenge was to paint a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich, something I have wanted to try for quite awhile so this pushed me to do something new.   I think it would be a good idea to do a number of these and, hopefully keep improving. 

Thank you to Abbey Ryan for designing this challenge.  She does beautiful work.  Here is a link to her blog: http://ryanstudio.blogspot.com/

I saved some step by step photos:

Photo:   (I made the sandwich on frozen bread hoping it would last a little longer without looking too droopy).
 Loose drawing
 Established darks here


I chose blue for my background because it made me think of July 4th so it is a patriotic painting of a PB and J.   I did the reflections to give it a little more interest.  My set-up has a piece of Plexiglas if I want to use it. 
(http://www.dailypaintworks.com/challenge/the-pbandj-challenge/242)
 
I started a board on pinterest for Pbj paintings.  I thought it would make me continue with this subject and work on values plus come up with more ways of setting up the still life. 

1 comment: