Monday, February 22, 2016

Marketing Art

February 22, 2016

Three years ago I took my first marketing class online with Leslie Saeta.  I just checked and the challenge is still available.  Here is the link:   30 Marketing Ideas.  My own experiences are listed on old blog posts.  (There is a search button in right hand column of this blog which might have been one of the assignment of the 30 day challenge).

It really made a difference for  me in a lot of ways.  I use a lot of the ideas that Leslie suggested and it made me fearless about social media.  The best tip was to find a local retail place and ask if they would show your art.   Thank you, Heather Boutique, for showing and selling my art.   My latest discovery is INSTAGRAM.  Although it was a mystery to me at first I've been exploring it and trying to figure out how to use it. 

This article explains how it can help artists.  Article about how to sell art on Instagram

It said to use it to tell a narrative about your art.  I'm still trying to figure out what that means, but will  discover that as I go.  My plan is to put a couple of photos on each day and see what happens.

I hope these links and ideas are helpful to you.  Please share your ideas about marketing in the comments. 


One more link to Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/caroljosefiakfineart/
or https://www.instagram.com/caroljosefiakfineart/

(Leslie said to link everything)





Always link to where you are selling your art: Daily Paintworks

No comments:

Post a Comment