Tuesday, March 1, 2016

What I have learned since my last post about Instagram....

March 1, 2016

Using Instagram has been a lot of " trial and error" which is my usual approach along with "try it and see what happens, you have nothing to lose."

First, thank you, to Mary T. for telling me in about how Instagram is an effective tool for selling art.  I view it as one of the many social media available to help artists.

Things I have learned about Instagram since last week:

Change privacy setting to Public

Use #'s -hashtags help increase your audience apparently.
(both of these tips were given to me by an especially nice young man. I had no idea about this before.)

Post often -  there must be a fine balance to this because I suspect you could become an annoyance if you post too much.  This is still in the trial phase. 

Follow other sites

Look at home page often because you will see photos according to what you have shown an interest in so far.  I have learned from looking at other artist's work. 

Include photos about you, part of your narrative.  Thanks, Dee.



My most recent posting on Instagram: 

No comments:

Post a Comment