Monday, October 20, 2014

Getting ready for a show....

Show at Water Street Studio, 915A Sophia Street, Fredericksburg, VA - November 2014



(Bistro and La Pettit on William Street)
 
I am having a show at Water Street Studio thanks to Lynette, Elizabeth and Susie. Having a show has motivated me even more to have a group of work ready that has some kind of theme.  It is the best motivator around for painting and painting.  My theme is Fredericksburg with 9 paintings from Fredericksburg. There will be 15 - 20 paintings. 

(Caroline County, not too far from Fredericksburg).



Checklist for getting ready for a show

1.   


Order frames ahead of time and allow time for framing. (My husband does all the framing.  I am so lucky.  He is a perfectionist and does a beautiful job.)

Franken Frames and King of Frames have been my resources for ordering frames.  You can get custom sizes from both.  I am very happy with the quality of the frames, the attentive service, delivery and packing.  I recommend both.

Here are links to their websites:

http://www.frankenframes.com/frames_ccs.php?Item_Current_Specials=1

and

http://www.kingofframe.com/

If you have any questions about which frames I order just email me:  cbjmail@cox.net

My planning wasn't that great because I had to make three different orders. 

2. 

Order cards:

I used Moo.com  and ordered square business cards that allow a photo on front and back of card plus room for contact info and websites.  I've ordered from them before and really like them. 

http://us.moo.com/products/business-cards.html?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&utm_campaign=BS_US_Brand_Core_E_MOO.com&utm_term=moo.com



3.
  Do some publicity:

A newsletter and facebook are good way to advertise the where and when of a show.  I'll send out a newsletter at the beginning of November. 


4.
Write Artist Statement/Biography and Inventory

This is always hard to do, but I managed to write one.  I listed  my inventory for the show using excel spreadsheet. Most galleries require both of these things. 
 
I think I am ready now. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my DPW - always a boost! Your blog is wonderful, I have spent the morning reading your color mixing tips and hope to get a chance later today to read the more recent items. Your tips are great particularly because they are "to the point," so very helpful!

    ReplyDelete