Sunday, March 31, 2013

color boards

 
These are the colors boards that I talked about on an earlier post.  The idea is to make one for every color on your palette.  The first board is the basic palette, then each successive board starts with a different color from your palette until you have one board for each color.  The color is full strength on the top row, then tinted with white, (I used titanium).
 
Reasons for doing this:
 
Helped me become familiar with my colors and get to know them.
 
 
Helped me understand value
 
Helped with color mixing
 
Helped with using a brush  ( you can do these with a palette knife, too, then it helps with using a palette knife)
 
I'll post more of the boards in the next few days. 
 
If you have any questions, just e-mail me or use the comment box.  These helped me a lot and my students at least say they like them. 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment