Tuesday, September 3, 2013

30 Day Challenge and Ways to Improve your paintings

September 3, 2013




 
Keeping up with the 30 Day Challenge so far...
 
 
 Listed on Daily Paintworks
 
 
My theme lately has been ways to improve so since it is the beginning of a new school year I thought I would get a few of the Art Tutorials at Daily Paintworks call ARTBytes.  There are so many that are FREE, but the one that got my attention recently was by Carol Marine on Loose Brushwork.  It was a whole new way of looking at edges for me and I wish I had looked at it sooner.  Her approach is to start with the lights first and go from "island to ocean", the small areas surrounded with color or background.  
 
The idea of using stripes was one of the Daily Challenges, another offering to artists. 
 The bottom line is that Daily Paintworks offers many resources.  The ARTBytes are reasonable in price and you can save them and look at them over and over. 
 
Thanks you to Carol Marine and her husband for starting this website for artists. 

Here is a link to the page for Tutorials: http://www.dailypaintworks.com/ArtTutorials/ArtByteStore

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable!!! love your brush strokes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Carol, It's so good to see you on here again!! I always admire your art on DPW!! Your work is just fabulous and I can see the growth over the last six months.. It sparkles more! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your style! Great color and composition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love how the background pink is painted. A very nice and superb work.

    ReplyDelete