Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Abstract Painting

December 4, 2013

I tried something new with an abstract painting and I like this approach. 

First, I did a contour drawing of guess who, my favorite model, Ziva.  Of course I will include of photo of her, well, at least a painting of her. 

  
Very loose drawing of Ziva, sort of a contour drawing with dark and light shapes.  (She is sitting next to me on the couch, our favorite spot every night.  The dark area is the back of a chair.  Can you see Ziva?  oops, there is a shadow in the photo that should not be there.



This drawing gave me something to use as a start for the painting and it motivated me because it included Ziva. 

 
I used some of  the colors that I liked from the abstract painting of the boats that I did recently and included most of the shapes from my drawing.  Do you see Ziva here?  It actually looks best rotated once to the left, but I still know Ziva is there. 

2 comments:

  1. I have been enjoying your painting demos today, Carol. Thank you so much. I tried to become a member-I hope it worked. I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that I really love the painting of Ziva.

    ReplyDelete