Sunday, January 4, 2015

Practice

January 4, 2015

Practice the parts that make up the whole.

The 30 day challenge coincides well with "Keys for Improvement" that I wrote about in my last blog.  So far I have kept up with the challenge, but admit to it being a pressure.  This time my theme is to practice something specific in each painting. 

On the last two paintings I concentrated on using the Anders Zorn palette of white, yellow ochre, cad red, black and cer. blue.   I was lucky enough to receive a book for Christmas with beautiful photos of his paintings along with the story of his life.  It is a gorgeous book.  (link to book)

(on an older blog I showed how to do the grids for Zorn colors).  If you do a search available in the right-hand column, you will find it.




The 30 Day Challenge with Leslie Saeta really reinforces the idea of daily painting and practice.  It's not too late to join in.  Here is the link to her blog:  lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment