Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Getting Ready for Sale on Saturday and Info about visit to Quang Ho's Studio in Denver

August 13, 2013

When we visited Denver the beginning of August, we went to visit the studio of Quang Ho.  Unfortunately, he was not there, but I got to see some of his breathtaking paintings.  I pinned one of them on my Board called "Favorite Artists",  I also pinned a youtube video that introduces one of his DVD's.

I've been thinking about ordering his instructional DVD's.  If I sell a few paintings at my sale this Saturday, I think that is what I will use the money for to help me improve. 


link to Quang Ho's website

Getting Ready for our sale on Saturday:

1ST

I've been gathering together some of my small paintings to have on sale at LibertyTown Arts Workshop.   To my surprise I have  more than 50 paintings. 

(not a great photo, you can see my feet)
 

Next:

I made a collage and put it on Facebook.  (I learned how to use ipiccy for collages when I did the marketing challenge):




Last and very big step:

I took the big step of getting a "square" so now I can accept credit cards.  It makes me a little nervous to try this, but I tried it out yesterday and it worked.  I had my husband charge something.  He received a receipt and I received an e-mail about it from "square", so far so good. 


and I am still painting.  I am up to #207 on Daily Paintworks.  One was an old one I forgot to post, but here a the ones from the last couple of days.



2 comments:

  1. You constantly amaze me - I'm want to learn about ipiccy for collages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    Thanks for the kind words. You will like ipiccy. Just go to ipiccy.com. The first choice is to start editing, then the directions are very straightforward. After you finish the collage, click on DONE, then you have choices about text and framing on the next window.






    ReplyDelete