Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Resources for learning to paint

July 31, 2013

Looking at the work of other artists is a good way to both inspire and educate.  If I am having trouble accomplishing what I want to in a painting, I often turn to my magazines and see how other artists solve similar problems.  The category of magazines that provide instruction are  shown here.  Most magazines have companion websites that have demos and more in-depth information about a particular artist. 

This is one of the ways I have used to further my own education about materials, techniques and just looking at wonderful art. 

Unless I think of another topic that has been part of my own effort to improve my skills,  I'll start showing some demos which is good for me, too, because that way I can't skip any steps, including the thumbnails. 

Note:  Professional artist (top left) is more about marketing and the business side of art.  It was through that magazines that I learned of Daily Paintworks where I now sell my small paintings. 

I stopped by my studio/gallery today to drop off a painting so I thought I would include a photo of what it looks like this month.  We change things around every couple of months and add new paintings.  (I left more magazines on the table for anyone who would like some). 

No comments:

Post a Comment